Portfolio & Demo Reel
This is my portfolio reel, featuring interactive, motion and graphic design projects. It reflects the past two years at Portfolio Center and current work. Includes client projects and conceptual pieces.
More info on featured projects can be found on my portfolio site, http://www.mightybelka.com
“Prekrasnoe Daleko” remix by 4cus
I’m still trying to figure out the X for myself, but a recent experience in my Logo class this quarter can show you how much personal opinion can vary, and perhaps determine success or failure. Feel free to check out our class blog to see what’s going on and how people have reacted.
This week Stefan presented one of our assignments to folks outside the PC world… it’s quite interesting to see how different people react – some positive, others not so constructive. As a little background info, we are taking a simplistic approach to creating logos using basic forms, while looking at the process of great designers past. While other logo-type classes have left me confused and muddled in thought, I leave this class freshened and with a clearer perspective. Instead of beating a good logo out of me, we look at what makes a logo good. Perhaps I should have taken sooner, but then again, maybe I haven’t been receptive to it until now.
Anyway, you can read more enchanting comments from spectators here, but I’ve posted the ones on my work here…I’m not trying to show off or degrade myself, just merily the variety in perspective out there:
– goodio… Death to Cheney – makes me feel happy I can feel hatred.
– This is a very simplistic view. Doesn’t seem to have any thought put into it. A good logo shows insight and interest into facts and forms that help communicate.
– the pattern creates a strong 90º axis as well as a 45º. i feel the logo loses that structure on its own.
– Penise Power up in here! I really like the icon.. it’s so… ICONIC! Probably the best icon I’ve seen I think.. it’s smart and simple and can be reproduced easily in lots of sizes.. The pattern is jacked up though.. see how it’s making those optical white horizontal lines? If you fix that, it’ll be Grade A Beefcake. LOVE the all caps type treatment too.. Good good good.
– Mark placement works for me. A bit large. Or maybe a bit too small. Pattern is nice, I like wrought iron though.