Yesssiree, after much time spent toiling my life away trying to master ActionScript3 and suck all the fun out of Flash, I’ve have completely mastered it. It aged me a bit, as you can see in the photo, but in all that code I think I’ve found a formula for the meaning of life.
I asked this cat what he thought of my accomplishments, and this was his reaction. Sigh.
Perhaps he’s as enthused (jaded) as I am about learning code.
I’ve been a bit over my head lately, trying to keep up with 5 classes and a job, but that’s nothing out of the norm at the PC factory. It is sad when you can’t get sympathy for only getting 2 hours of sleep. I’m lucky, I know – I got to go to bed at 5 when some people are getting up for class then, and not drag my lazy ass out of bed until 7. Mondays are just long, treacherous days, along with the days preceding it, so here’s a happy little guy who will meanwhile share some cheerful slime with you.
I’m still trying to figure out the X for myself, but a recent experience in my Logo class this quarter can show you how much personal opinion can vary, and perhaps determine success or failure. Feel free to check out our class blog to see what’s going on and how people have reacted.
This week Stefan presented one of our assignments to folks outside the PC world… it’s quite interesting to see how different people react – some positive, others not so constructive. As a little background info, we are taking a simplistic approach to creating logos using basic forms, while looking at the process of great designers past. While other logo-type classes have left me confused and muddled in thought, I leave this class freshened and with a clearer perspective. Instead of beating a good logo out of me, we look at what makes a logo good. Perhaps I should have taken sooner, but then again, maybe I haven’t been receptive to it until now.
Anyway, you can read more enchanting comments from spectators here, but I’ve posted the ones on my work here…I’m not trying to show off or degrade myself, just merily the variety in perspective out there:
– goodio… Death to Cheney – makes me feel happy I can feel hatred.
– This is a very simplistic view. Doesn’t seem to have any thought put into it. A good logo shows insight and interest into facts and forms that help communicate.
– the pattern creates a strong 90º axis as well as a 45º. i feel the logo loses that structure on its own.
– Penise Power up in here! I really like the icon.. it’s so… ICONIC! Probably the best icon I’ve seen I think.. it’s smart and simple and can be reproduced easily in lots of sizes.. The pattern is jacked up though.. see how it’s making those optical white horizontal lines? If you fix that, it’ll be Grade A Beefcake. LOVE the all caps type treatment too.. Good good good.
– Mark placement works for me. A bit large. Or maybe a bit too small. Pattern is nice, I like wrought iron though.